VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage (QCF)
The VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage (QCF) is a technical level qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed massage therapist. This qualification is based on the beauty therapy National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is approved and supported by the Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA), the standard setting body for hair, beauty, nails and spa qualifications as being fit for purpose for preparing learners for a career as massage therapist
Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 2 qualification in beauty therapy and/or a successful skills test and interview.
Why is this qualification most suitable?
This VTCT qualification in massage therapy at Level 3 qualifies learners to become a massage therapist, and this qualification allows learners to gather evidence in a realistic working environment or real working environment without the need for fee paying clients.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-19 age groups, and will develop the knowledge skills to prepare learners for employment as a massage therapist. Learners will have their massage therapy skills assessed in a real or realistic working environment.
This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a massage therapist including: providing body massage, health and safety and client care, - the full list of units is presented in the learners Record of Assessment book (ROA) (specification).
Qualification Structure - from this group you'll need to cover a minimum of 3 units
Provide body massage
Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
Career opportunities exist in a variety of contexts as a massage therapist, including:
- Working in commercial beauty salons/spas
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
Further Learning OpportunitiesWhilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare learners for employment as a beauty therapist, learners may choose to develop their skills further by undertaking Technical Level qualifications in beauty therapy at Level 3 or 4, these include:
- VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Massage Therapy (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Spa and Body Treatments (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Indian Head Massage (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Stone Therapy Massage (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Massage Using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Award in Spa Treatments (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy (QCF)
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF)
- VTCT Level 4 Award in Physiology for Advanced Beauty Therapy (QCF)
The London School of Traditional Massage & Beauty
96 Martins Road, Shortlands, Bromley, Kent, BR2 0EF, UK.
Phone: +44 (0)208 460 1213 www.lstmb.london